When it comes to choosing jewelry, it’s important to consider more than just the style and design. The right jewelry can enhance your features and make you feel confident and beautiful. One key factor to keep in mind is your face shape. By selecting jewelry that flatters your face shape, you can create a cohesive and harmonious look. In this article, we’ll explore different face shapes and the jewelry that works best for each.
Choosing jewelry that flatters your features can make a big difference in your overall look. But it can be challenging to know what works best for your face shape. The good news is that with a few tips and tricks, you can easily find the perfect jewelry to complement your features.
Flattering Jewelry for Oval-Shaped Faces
An oval face is considered the ideal face shape, with balanced proportions and gentle curves. If you have an oval face, you can wear most types of jewelry with ease. However, there are a few tips to keep in mind to enhance your features.
Jewelry that flatters an oval face:
- Earrings: Hoops, studs, drop earrings, and chandelier earrings all look great on oval faces. Avoid long and narrow earrings that may elongate your face too much.
- Necklaces: Almost any necklace length and style looks good on an oval face. However, try to avoid necklaces that are too short or too long, as they may throw off the balance of your face.
- Bracelets: Bangle bracelets and cuffs can help showcase your wrist and add some visual interest to your arms.
Best Jewelry for Round-Shaped Faces
If you have a round face, your cheekbones are likely the widest part of your face, and your jawline is rounded. The goal when choosing jewelry for a round face is to elongate your face and create the illusion of angles.
Jewelry that flatters a round face:
- Earrings: Long, narrow earrings such as dangles or drop earrings can help elongate your face. Avoid circular and button earrings that may make your face look even rounder.
- Necklaces: Longer necklaces that create a V-shape or Y-shape help draw the eye downward and elongate the face. Avoid chokers and short necklaces that accentuate the roundness of your face.
- Bracelets: Choose bracelets that are wider than they are tall, such as cuffs and bangles. Avoid bracelets with circular or round shapes, as they may add bulk to your wrist.
Jewelry Tips for Long-Shaped Faces
If you have a long face, your face is longer than it is wide, and your forehead, cheekbones, and jawline are roughly the same width. The goal when choosing jewelry for a long face is to add width and break up the length of the face.
Jewelry that flatters a long face:
- Earrings: Choose stud or button earrings, as they will add some width to your face. Avoid long, narrow earrings that may elongate your face further.
- Necklaces: Choose shorter necklaces that sit above your collarbone, as they will create the illusion of width. Chokers and shorter statement necklaces work well for long faces.
- Bracelets: Wider bracelets with interesting details, such as cuffs or layered bracelets, can help add some visual interest to your arms.
Choosing Jewelry for Pear-Shaped Faces
A pear face has a wider jawline than a forehead, creating a triangular shape. The goal when choosing jewelry for a pear face is to balance out the proportions of your face and draw attention upwards.
Jewelry that flatters a pear face:
- Earrings: Choose earrings that draw attention upwards, such as studs or chandelier earrings. Avoid large hoop earrings, which can make the face appear wider. Drop earrings can also work well, as they create the illusion of length. However, make sure the drops aren’t too long or wide, as this can overpower the face.
- Necklaces: Necklaces that sit close to the neck, such as chokers, can help to balance out the face and create the illusion of width. Long necklaces that hang past the bust can also be flattering, as they elongate the torso and draw the eye downward. Avoid short necklaces or collar necklaces, which can make the face appear longer.
- Bracelets: Bracelets that sit close to the wrist, such as bangles, can help to add width to the wrist and balance out the face. Cuff bracelets can also be flattering, as they draw attention to the wrist and away from the face. Avoid bracelets that are too loose or too tight, as this can throw off the balance of the look.
Square-Shaped Faces: Jewelry that Complements
Characteristics of a square face: A square face is characterized by a strong jawline and forehead, with the width of the face and the length of the face being roughly equal.
Jewelry that flatters a square face:
Earrings: Earrings that are soft and round, such as hoops or circular studs, can help to soften the strong angles of the face. Avoid earrings that are too angular or square-shaped, as this can emphasize the strong jawline.
Necklaces: Necklaces that are round or curved, such as pendant necklaces or lariat necklaces, can help to soften the angles of the face. Avoid necklaces that are too chunky or geometric, as this can emphasize the strong jawline.
Bracelets: Bracelets that are round or curved, such as bangles or curved cuffs, can help to soften the strong angles of the wrist and balance out the squareness of the face. Avoid bracelets that are too chunky or geometric, as this can throw off the balance of the look.
Heart-Shaped Faces: Jewelry to Enhance Your Features
A heart-shaped face has a wide forehead and cheekbones with a narrow chin. The right jewelry can balance out these features and accentuate the natural beauty of the face.
Necklaces: Short necklaces that sit above the collarbone can help create a balance between the wide forehead and the narrow chin. Chokers and collar necklaces are great options. You can also try a pendant necklace that hangs in a V-shape, as this can elongate the neck and balance the face.
Earrings: Earrings that are wider at the bottom and narrower at the top, such as teardrop or triangle-shaped earrings, can balance the wider forehead and narrow chin. Stay away from earrings that are wider at the top and narrower at the bottom, as these can accentuate the width of the forehead.
Bracelets: Bracelets that sit above the wrist, such as cuffs or bangles, can balance out the wide forehead and narrow chin. Avoid bracelets that sit at the wrist, as they can draw attention to the narrowness of the chin.
Choosing jewelry that flatters your face shape can make a big difference in your overall appearance. By understanding your face shape and following these tips, you can enhance your natural beauty and feel confident in any jewelry you choose.
Remember to always trust your own taste and preferences when selecting jewelry, as ultimately, the most important thing is to wear pieces that make you feel comfortable and confident.